Monday, August 22, 2016

WORLD TRADE CENTER FOOTAGE

s in 2nd grade at the time, almost 20 now. It was a surreal day and to be honest I remember a lot of it. I don't remember going to school that day but I remember randomly lining up outside. I thought it was a fire drill but then my parents were there to pick me up. A bunch of kids parents were there getting there kids. There were lots of helicopters driving around also. I lived about 40 minutes away from the city in NJ across the street from the school i went to. It seemed like the typical school letting-out commotion but just faster. I got home and all we did was sit and watch the TV and get calls from people telling us that they were okay and vice versa. I knew it was on the news and I remember my parents just told me that bad people attacked us but my uncles and the rest of the country are going to protect us. Definitely and unforgettable day. It has been a long time since 2001 and this may sound dumb, but every single time, every single time I see a plane I always hope its going to the right place.
[–]arsonall 1 point  
i remember the eerie feeling of seeing planes in the sky (or lack thereof) for the rest of the year. there was a good month of not seeing planes in the sky (I live within sight of LAX and other smaller airports) and then when you did see one...you really had an uneasy feeling about seeing it.
[–]Connor149 1 point  
well since you said you were curious:
I do remember the day, and i am 20 now. Just like many others are saying, i didn't really grasp the severity of what happened at the time. the entire local school system was sent home, and i remember my mother watching the news footage on the computer. (windows 95, not that it matters) Everyone in my father's company was immediately sent home as well, because they work in boston. as for my perspective, like i said, i was young. However I did understand that something had happened to the WTC, and i was fairly concerned about my dad before he had got home. At the time, no one really told me what the situation was, so all i saw was the destroyed building on the screen, so you can imagine how i felt as a kid who's father works in a tall building.
[–]Theedon 2 points  
My son was due to be born on 9/11. We were up that morning talking about what to do and from some reason I turned on the TV. I had never done that before in the morning. I see the Twin Towers on file. I think about that movieThe Towering Inferno and think what a horrible event. Then the video moves and I don't see the other tower. My brain didn't know what I was looking at and I said. "Where is the other tower?" to my wife. From there it is all history. Well my son was born on 9/24 and his entire life the USA has been at War with an enemy that wants to destroy him.
[–][deleted] 5 points  
Even despite the fact that the building collapse doesn't directly show the death of somebody, watching the event always gives me a sense of dread like you described as well. Looking at it brings out some intuitive feeling that makes you wonder how it's even possible for the people who caused such a tragedy to live on without remorse for what happened.
[–]Yakcall 13 points  
This is footage from some French film makers who were filming the fire fighters in New York. They are also ones of only three people who had the footage of the first plane hitting the Trade Centre.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_(film)
[–]allocater -1 points  
And nobody has the footage of the Pentagon plane, so conspiracy theories can pop up.
[–]wee_man 2 points  
There is security cam footage of the pentagon plane but all you see is a white blur rushing by.
[–]RAGEEEEE 1 point  
Why do you think they are called conspiracy THEORIES?
[–]LiamtheFilmMajor 5 points  
My Mom used to work on the 96th floor of the South Tower and was late to work on 9/11/2001. She was voting and stepped out of the subway as the first plane hit. She made me promise to always vote after that.
She'd have never gotten out if she had already been at her desk, but I really don't think she'd be one to jump. She used to work for the FDNY and knew civilians, and fire fighters who lost their lives. Funny thing is that the only thing she ever says she misses is a bunch of CDs that were in her desk. I always assumed it was because that's the only "joke" she can make out of the situation.
It was a super strange day, but when I got old enough to understand the situation fully (I was 9 at the time), I felt proud that she didn't give in to the blind Muslim hate that enveloped the US post 9/11. Unfortunately, she did lose most of the faith she had in the United States government and a lot of it's people. She loves to say that we did exactly what Osama bin Laden wanted (which actually is quite funny at dinner parties).
Posts like this just make me think about that day, and I wonder how long until 9/11 gets Titanicked. Weird musings.
[–]Sugreev2001 2 points  
Watching 9/11 videos make me feel tense. Can't believe that it's been 12 years already.
[–]Encoe 15 points  
Hearing people's bodies hit the lobby is a sound that will never leave my head. Such an awful day ... thank you for sharing though. I don't think I've ever seen this.
[–]Jeffgoldbum 11 points  
There is a much longer version somewhere, They where out following fire fighters for a normal day, I think its the only footage of the first tower strike.
[–]billiangates 6 points  
Yep. That footage comes from the Naudet Brothers 9/11 film. Solid documentary.
[–]McNorch 3 points  
there ya go
[–]stee_vo 0 points  
Were you there or is there a video where you hear it?
[–]Encoe 5 points  
No just the videos I couldn't imagine being there. I was only four when it happened. I know I know "You couldn't possibly remember" but what's sad is I did. It was one of my first actual human thoughts...how bad could it be in the top of that building that the better option is to jump. I saw the second plane hit on T.V I remember hearing Diane Sawyer say "my god oh my go...". I had no idea who did it and why but knew it was big because my father came home. My father never came home during work hours so I knew the day was abnormal. My parents let me outside to play and I can remember how crisp and beautiful it was out. Clear blue skies with no jet streams. Now that I'm in High School and 9/11 comes up people will say "oh people die everyday" we'll not like that. People don't get flown into massive buildings everyday, people don't burn alive doused in jet fuel, people don't get crushed by thousands of pounds of steel everyday. People don't just die like that. I guess I dragged this answer on to long I just get worked up over how people forget or never learn about what happened that day.
[–]stee_vo 2 points  
Ah, I see. And don't worry, I was also 4 when it happened, I live in Sweden though, so it wasn't as big for me.
[–]FawT 9 points  
The sound of the tower collapsing must have been the most terrifying thing to ever have to hear.
[–]TheMaltese 2 points  
You can see it on pfifer's face at about 40s, you can start to hear the roar of the collapsing tower and he slowly drop his radio and tilts his head up and you can see that little moment before he really realizes what that sound is
[–]zomonster69 4 points  
As a 22 year old female, this brought me to tears. This single day changed my entire life. So much of life in the USA has been shaped by this day that happened when I was in the 5th grade. I know I didn't fully understand it at the time, but the ignorance of a child was so beautiful.
[–]krauttastic 9 points  
I was 21 when this happened. Think how this would have seemed to you if it happened at the age you are now. Life stopped for a few days.
[–]16miledetour 7 points  
I was 18 and just moved away from home to college. We all thought it was WWIII and we would all be drafted.
[–]Fender2322 3 points  
I was right with you. I was in 6th grade and since it was a private school, we started later. I remember sitting there watching it the whole day since my mom never took me, so I watched everything from 8 am to around 6pm .
If 9/11 was bad enough, I had to play a baseball game that night and broke my nose, followed by skateboarding mishap that involved a car a few days later. 27 stitches on that one. Needless to say, that week was shit.
[–]MaximusBluntus 2 points  
What does your gender have to do with it?
[–]gottspeed 3 points  
Until it gives way to the ignorance of an adult and you realize the world is just a bunch of dumb kids with attitudes running around like they have it all figured out.
[–][deleted] 2 points  
Guarantee every one of those men suffered severe lung illness from that. if I'm not mistaken the fumes coming out of the buildings were extremely toxic and many first-responders suffered emphysema and COPD from simply being near the wreckage site
[–]bishopzac 2 points  
That fade of light to pitch black.....They must have thought for a second that they were dying. Haunting to watch
[–]MaximusBluntus 2 points  
ITT: A lot of retarded truthers.
[–]LoganKayne 2 points  
too soon.
[–]Hoonin 5 points  
God bless the innocent people from just about every race, religion, and background that lost their lives that day for no direct reason other than hate.
[–]MustardMcguff 2 points  
It's childish and shortsighted to think it was simply because of hate. I am always reminded of this passage written shortly after 9/11.
"For strategic, military and economic reasons, it is vital for the US government to persuade its public that their commitment to freedom and democracy and the American Way of Life is under attack. In the current atmosphere of grief, outrage and anger, it's an easy notion to peddle. However, if that were true, it's reasonable to wonder why the symbols of America's economic and military dominance - the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon - were chosen as the targets of the attacks. Why not the Statue of Liberty? Could it be that the stygian anger that led to the attacks has its taproot not in American freedom and democracy, but in the US government's record of commitment and support to exactly the opposite things - to military and economic terrorism, insurgency, military dictatorship, religious bigotry and unimaginable genocide (outside America)? It must be hard for ordinary Americans, so recently bereaved, to look up at the world with their eyes full of tears and encounter what might appear to them to be indifference. It isn't indifference. It's just augury. An absence of surprise. The tired wisdom of knowing that what goes around eventually comes around." - arundhati roy, the Guardian, September 28th, 2001
[–]johnbentley 1 point  
And, of course, we only need to go to (partly humorous) explanations the Bin Ladin himself to expose /u/Hoonin's naively false and dangerous idea that the attacks are "for no direct reason other than hate".
I say to you that security is an indispensable pillar of human life and that free men do not forfeit their security, contrary to Bush's claim that we hate freedom.
If so, then let him explain to us why we don't strike for example - Sweden? And we know that freedom-haters don't possess defiant spirits like those of the 19 - may Allah have mercy on them.
No, we fight because we are free men who don't sleep under oppression. We want to restore freedom to our nation, just as you lay waste to our nation. So shall we lay waste to yours. ...
... The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced.
I couldn't forget those moving scenes, blood and severed limbs, women and children sprawled everywhere. Houses dest

No comments:
Write comments

rifat1

Labels